0 comments
Not resolved

I just booked my 22nd trip with Gate 1 Travel so I guess I like them!You will not find a better run touring company for US and International trips, and the prices are excellent.

Hotels are similar to Hampton Inn in the US, and some are boutique hotels in smaller towns. Bus equipment and drivers are always superior. 90% of my guides have been excellent; the other 10% were acceptable but not as helpful as I expected. Other travelers are usually 50+ years old and a lively active group.

The one trip that didn't go as well as it should, Gate 1 made it good by offering a credit for a future trip. I travel solo and want to cover as much ground as possible when I visit a new country. That means being on the go a lot - early morning to early evening - most days. If you want to sleep late and set your own agenda then then you are better off doing your own agenda.

For me, I wouldn't have it any other way than Gate 1 runs their trips. Look for trips to go on sale around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Pay the minimum when initially booking and send the remainder due by check for an additional 5% discount.

Review a trip you have taken for an additional small credit for future trips.Sign up for weekly newsletters at Gate 1, at Virgin Vacations (always run by Gate 1) and Travelzoo.com for additional chances to save money.

Review #994028 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Gate1travel Tour
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Good quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Write a review

Comments

Comment as anonymous or
Terms of Service
Post Comment
Cancel
Be the first to start a discussion

You May Also Like