1.2K views
1.4
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

We went on MS Sound of Music 8 day Rhine River Cruise sponsored by Gate 1.River was high so river boats could not go through the locks.

The boat stayed stationary and we were bussed to and from our points of interest most days. Mid way through the trip we were transferred to hotels and bussed to destinations further down the river. We slept in 6 different beds, unpacked just as many times. Our riverboat experience became a tour bus land tour.

Gate 1 customer service offered us $100 toward future travel. No refund or discomfort compensation.

Tried to reach out to management, but we never heard back.We are extremely disappointed our hard earned vacation days were spent on a Gate 1 bus.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Gate1travel. The most disappointing about gate1travel tour at Gate1travel was river boat cruise refund policy Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

I will be taking this same tour this summer. I read all the information offered on Gate 1's site, and it clearly describes the high river circumstance, which is certainly an act of nature which affects all river cruises, not just Gate 1. Though I understand this reviewer's disappointment, they did disclose how they deal with river conditions if/when it occurs.

Woodstock, Georgia, United States #994978

Is this the same post as the one posted on June 11, 2015?One of the main reasons for selecting a river cruise over the motorcoach+hotels option is the convenience of not packing and repacking.

That convenience is significant and may be the only reason a person chooses a river cruise to a land tour. I would love to hear why Gate 1 boats are unable to navigate during high waters and if Viking, Avalon and Uniworld have the same issue.

I've asked Viking the question and will post their answer when I receive it.