We haven’t commenced our tour with Gate1 and are already having a second thought about it. We booked European kaleidoscope and made one payment for two couples. We have provided travel consultant Saun Miller with two e-mail addresses and asked him to e-mail any information relevant to our trip to both addresses. This never happened, despite of our numerous reminders. It is our friend, who made a payment, had to re-distribute the information.

We decided to stay in Berlin for two additional nights after our tour end and asked Shaun to book for us the same hotel where we stay with the tour. He provided the quote, we have transferred money and thought that we are done, but after a week or so he wrote to us that he forgot to do booking and now hotel is fully booked. We have re-booked a different hotel ourselves but are very annoyed that we will have to spend half a day moving between hotels ( checked out at 10.00 am, check in at 3.00 pm, suitcases, etc.) instead of exploring Berlin.

It is three weeks until our tour and I have written to Saun and asked him to e-mail me the final package for which he responded that he believes that he already sent it. This all I got from him. I wrote again and explained that I didn’t get anything and would like to have my documents in order, he didn’t bother to respond.

I don’t know how good should be a tour to make me to deal with Gate1 again, but if I do I’ll make sure that I don’t deal with this travel consultant again.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to have the product delivered. This person is overall dissatisfied with Gate1travel. The most disappointing about gate1travel customer care at Gate1travel was poor customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Portland, Oregon, United States #1200047

I contact Gate 1 to travel to Spain.I was ready to purchase the package, but had a few questions and wanted to speak with a person before submitting any payment and making a commitment.

The woman who answered the phone was rude to me. She could not answer my questions, would not put me through to speak with someone and told me to look at the website. She was in a hurry and it felt like she just needed to pick up the phone and end the call because she had to make a quota for connecting to phone calls. I phoned another company, had my questions answered and booked my trip.

This was in 2014 for a trip in 2015. Gate 1 lost my business.

They need training in customer support and business practices.