I am a seasoned traveler, and usually don't go on organized tours.But a few years ago, I booked with Gate 1, as I was uneasy going to a Muslim country with an indecipherable language.

It was THE most interesting trip I have taken. Our tour guide (unfortunately, I can't remember his name, but he was middle aged) could have been a college professor. He was a veritable fount of information-historically, culturally and politically.

And, for the record, Istanbul is one of my favorite cities and it was very urbane when I was there.I hope that, despite the troubles in that part of the world, those of you who enjoy learning and seeing things, give it a try.

Review about: Gate1travel Tour.

Reason of review: Fair pricing.

I liked: Our guide.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1travel - Review of the June 2016 China and Tibet Discovery Tour by Gate 1 Gate1travel "Gate 1 Tours did an excellent job of organizing the Discovery Tour to China and Tibet in June 2016. I gladly recommend Gate 1 Tours as one of the best..." Read more Another Airbnb debacle-:Mediator" Rafael does not know the meaning of the word mediate or what the "Guest Refund Policy" says. Replay of incompetent Kevin T. Airbnb "I called Airbnb to let them know that I had a signed contract with Ms. Ponga which superseded theirs and any dispute was to be handled my the American Arbitration..." Read more Gate1travel - 9 Day Ecuador Tour Gate1travel "We've just returned from Ecuador and I can't say enough good things about it. Marco our guide and Javier our driver could not have been more congenial and informative. ..." Read more Gate1travel - 11 Day Affordable China with 4 Day Yangtze River Cruise Gate1travel "After landing in Beijing we met our tour guide Frank Wang and 11 days he took care of us. Frank is knowledgeable and organized, he gave us lots of information..." Read more DO NOT RENT AT EXTRA SPACE STORAGE - MOLD ALERT!!! Extra Space Storage "In July 2017, the toilet next to my unit overflowed. They called and told us; we filed a claim with our insurance company. They did nothing to mitigate the effect..." Read more Lasership - Horrendous Lasership "Lasership messed up one of my Sephora orders, erroneously sending it from MA where I live, to Virginia, then back to MA. I didn't get it for another week, and..." Read more Trolli candies 65Ct bag contains 55 pieces of candy Trolli "Bought the Trolli 65ct Halloween candy to make treats for my grandson's school since the class is large. Since I needed 60 pieces I decided to count them to put..." Read more Skechers - Defective Sports Shoes Skechers "My name is Mayank Jain (+919350172012) from India I purchased Skechers sports shoes a month back. Although its my 3rd purchase. I purchased the shoes for my wife around 3-4..." Read more