1K views
3.8
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

I have taken 9 trips with Gate1 Travel, & I have enjoyed them all very much.All but two of these trips I have taken alone, and paid the single supplement charges with no complaint.

However, when I booked my two upcoming trips for the fall & found the supplement cost is now about $1,000, I instantly became unhappy. That is simply an untenable amount, with no justification whatsoever. My trip to Equador in September is one of those trips...a place where hotels are not all that expensive. I feel that Gate 1 is exploiting the single traveler with these fees.

If they had stayed in the ballpark of where they have been over the past two years, I would have had no complaint. Part II of my issues is that you supposedly get $100 for referring someone to Gate 1, but the catch is that you can't use it on any of the "deals", which is of course what most people book when they receive the emails. I think you should be able to redeem the $100 on any trip. I have spent a lot of money over the past two years, & have been a big promoter of the company to friends & acquaintances along the way, many of whom have also traveled with Gate 1 due to my rave reviews.

These, too, will have to stop based on the "trick" reward which is virtually impossible to redeem.Sonja

This reviewer shared experience about "as described in my note" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Gate1travel. The most disappointing about gate1travel tour at Gate1travel was recent hikes in single supplement charges and difficulty in redeeming awards for referrals , but reviewer liked every trip has thus far been exceptional. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1176040

We can understand your frustration in paying a single supplement.However, this supplement is based on costs provided by our suppliers as well as contractual agreements.

Additionally, please know that we do try to offer several different ways to save, our referral program being one of many.We do include the terms of the program on our website and of course, please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.

to Gate1Travel Melville, New York, United States #1194603

The only cost affected is the hotel. Hotels are cheap there. You are gouging.