Shady Company!I booked a trip with Gate1 Travel through Groupon and the fine print said that I had until 1/31/17 to book airfare.

I called Gate1 on 1/20/17 to book and I was told that my money was refunded and the trip was cancelled. After much prodding I was told that the trip was cancelled because airfare had gone up and they were not gong to pay the higher rate. I reviewed the fine print thoroughly and it did not say that the trip could be cancelled for this reason. I called several times to complain and try to book something else comparable but each time I dealt with a very uncooperative costumer service representative that was not at all concerned or willing to help.

The manager even admitted that nothing in the fine print allowed Gate1 to cancel the trip under those circumstances but was still unwilling to help in any way.Very shady company, Beware.

Review about: Gate1travel Customer Care.

I liked: Price was great and trip itinerary was perfect.

I didn't like: Gate1 cancelled my trip because airfare went up.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1284829

Hello,

First of all, we are sorry that we were not able to finalize your reservation.Please understand, on occasion we are unable to find availability with the suppliers including airlines.

For this reason, we indicate on your Groupon voucher that it is subject to availability.

Nevertheless, we do apologize for any lapse in service when you contacted us.We do understand that a manager has reached out to you.