Dyer, Indiana
3.8
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

This was our fourth trip w/Gate 1 Travel and we like their organized tours.While I enjoyed our Scandinavian trip and our guide, Marie Lucey, was wonderful, I wasn't especially pleased with many of our hotels on this trip.

Granted, many of them do not have A/C (the only place that did was in Oslo), but we were in Scandinavia at the end of June and our rooms were quite uncomfortably warm. In some of them, even the fans did not work! As American travelers, we're used to this amenity and, perhaps, you can look into finding some hotels that do have A/C in this region. The highlighted places we saw were wonderful, but I felt we spent a lot of wasted time driving on the bus (more so than any other trip we've taken w/Gate 1).

I was disappointed we didn't see more of Sweden on this trip; we only went to Gotenburg and never toured Stockholm. I think this was a mistake in the plans. Also, it would be helpful if, after arriving at our destination in the foreign countries, the transport from airport to the hotel could be made more obvious...it seems everytime we arrive at our destination, Gate 1 does not have an apparent sign awaiting our arrival and we always have to seek out the driver. I noticed other tour companies do a better job at this for their passengers.

Albeit, we were pleased with our trip, but I think a few tweeks to the tour could make it so much more pleasant.Thank you.

This reviewer shared experience about "overall, a wonderful tour company for the money." and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Gate1travel. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments