In Warsaw ,Poland we were scheduled for a short layover before boarding a connecting flight to Moscow. The connecting flight was cancelled. We were not informed. When we got to the gate we were scheduled to go for the flight to Moscow we discovered our flight was not at that gate. After searching for quite a bit of time and a lot of walking thru the airport aimlessly we finally got a flight scheduled to leave much later, which gave us some time to hunt down our missing luggage. When we finally found our luggage with the help of the lost and found . This was about an 8 hour ordeal. A lot of walking at first without luggage and later dragging the luggage zl over the place. Ultimately we did get booked on the Russian airlines and that process was also disturbing.

I have been on flights that were changed or cancelled many times. I have never had an experience that was so poorly handled.

Days later after having been in Russia, and Estonia, I arrived at the Radisson Blu Hotel Riga, Latvia. The hotel was fine. MY ROOM WAS BAD. It was warm and stuffy and it smelled. When I complained finally someone came and said the air conditioning did not work properly. They took me to two other rooms and gave me a choice of room. They told me that the air conditioning was also a problem in both of those rooms but that was all the rooms they had. I unhappily chose one and they consoled me with a fan. I was uncomfortable in that room for my entire stay there. The staff was nice and accommodating, however,that did help the condition of the r00m. I was not able to sleep at all in that room.

The above two events put a major damper on what otherwise would have been a very good trip.

Comments

Gate1Travel

Hello,Upon review, it appears this was a last minute cancellation. Unfortunately, airlines do not always notify us in advance. Of course, we regret any inconvenience with the flight or hotel air conditioning.We hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable.