I am outraged at the total lack of service from Gate 1 Travel after spending about $2,000 for me and a friend to tour Venice, Florence and Rome with them.

For this extaordinary fee, all that we got were the hotel reservations and train tickets. That's it! I could have done that myself, which I did to travel from London to Paris to Milan to Verona to Innsbruck, Austria. My friend had traveled with them before and thought it might be a nice idea to catch up with one of their tours beginning in Venice on May 23, 2011 to finish our trip with visits to Florence and Rome.

We never received any information from Gate 1 Travel when we arrived at their hotels, which they made the reservations for. The hotels claimed to know nothing about the tour. We never met anyone from the tour, including any local contacts for assistance. We did not get any restaurant or sightseeing recommendations. We got nothing--all for $2,000. That only paid for the hotels and train tickets from Venice to Rome. This is a ripoff and any other word that can be used for thievary. This is the lowest form of customer service for the highest price that I have ever received in over 40 years of travelling in Europe.

babbottvegas@gmail.com

Review about: Gate1travel Tour.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments