Budd Lake, New Jersey
1.2K views

We booked a trip with Gate 1 on Black Friday 2014 to go to Greece in September 2015. This was the fourth trip we have booked with them. All the other trips were great. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about this last trip. I called their office 7 or 8 times to get seat assignments for one of our flights. They were able to give us seat assignments for the other three flights, but not the one that was 10 hours and 55 minutes long. I was told to call the airline direct to get the seats. I not only had to call the airline but also had to pay an additional $99 each ($298) for the seats. This is unacceptable! When I called again to ask for reimbursement, I only received $99 back. Again, unacceptable!!!

On a lesser note, in Greece we were told we would be picked up from our hotel at 10:30 a.m. They arrived at 10:00 a.m. and were miffed that everyone wasn’t ready. At another hotel, the opposite occurred. Instead of coming early they arrived 40 minutes late to go to the airport.

My opinion of Gate 1 Travel has fallen to the level where I would think long and hard before I ever take a trip with them again.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of gate1travel greece trip booking from Gate1travel. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gate1travel to issue a partial refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gate1travel for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Just completed a Gate 1tour of Greece Including Athens ,Peloponnese Santorini and Mykonos

It was fabulous !

Gate 1 helped get the 6 of us very good air seats esp considering this was a tour

All logistics were handled professionally and very competently

I have taken 4 tours with Gate 1 and all have been great

Planning next one to Southern Italy Campagna and Puglia region

Gate1Travel

As you may know, per our terms, “final seat assignments are controlled solely by the airline” and the most we can do is make requests for seats depending on availability.

However we certainly regret any disappointment. Naturally, if you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.