Mendota, Illinois
2.3K views

We booked a trip to Germany and now have to cancel. The trip starts in September 2015 and the company refuses to refund our deposit of $400.00. The reason given is they wouldn't have time ( 10 months ) to rebook someone else. Really?!! Ten months is ample time.

My advice to anyone thinking of using Gate1 for their travels, don't!! Once you give them money it's gone whether or not you travel.

Other travel agencies give deposit refunds if you cancel before a certain deadline. We still plan on going to Germany someday, but not on Gate1!!

Reason of review: refund.

I didn't like: Refund policy.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Woodstock, Georgia, United States #994966

No refunds for deposits on early bookings are becoming the norm.

I agree that 10 months is ample time to allow others to book your vacated spot. But, it's not a guarantee that anyone will, which may be why tour operators are making deposits non-refundable.

perhaps you should have read the terms and conditions or dealt w a travel agent. This is typical of most travel. you could have also purchased trip insurance

They were up front with me on the phone that the 1/3rd deposit was NON-refundable. If they don't offer that information ASK.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #897909

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to travel to Germany in September. Please know per the terms and conditions, which our clients must review and sign when making a reservation, all deposits are nonrefundable.