1.3K views

Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:04 AM

To: ************

Subject: Gate 1 Travel - Important Reminders - Reservation # 999703

Dear **********,

Your final payment due date is 04 Jan 2016. To view your Invoice, please log into https://www.gate1travel.com/res/ with your email address and password, select your reservation, and click the view invoice link in the menu to the left.

Gate 1 Travel accepts payment in US dollars by personal check, certified/bank check, money order, wire transfer, major credit card or debit card.

Pay by Check & Save 5% Simply pay the total due by cash or check indicated on your invoice. Checks received within 30 days of departure must be in the form of a certified /bank check or money order. Mail checks, payable to Gate 1 Travel, to 455 Maryland Drive, Fort Washington, PA 19034. Include your reservation number with payment. Please note that late payments by check are not accepted for reservations with a sea cruise.

Apply credit card payments online at https://www.gate1travel.com/res/, or you may submit a Credit Card Form in writing by fax (215-886-2228) or mail. We are unable to accept credit or debit cards from anyone other than the traveling passenger(s).

This is also your last opportunity to consider purchasing travel protection insurance which must be paid with or prior to final payment.

From **********

You folks have no heart!!!!! Paris blows up; Paris enacts a state of emergency to be in force till, at least, one week before your departure date; our own State department puts out a worldwide travel alert to the citizens of the nation; we find out that there are MANY employees of Charles DE Gaulle on some sort of watch list ……………and you say you are sorry that my wife and I (two folks that are both ex military and now senior citizens) cannot get our money back due to your rules that basically say everyone on your end MUST keep their piece of the action no matter what!!!!!!! Saying that zero comes back to us. I’ve read all of your policies so do not talk to me about the various insurance policies that are available. One more thing………what happens if on the departure (March 4th) American Airlines cannot or will not fly to DE Gaulle? How will your heartless system deal with that? I contacted you Monday, December 16th right after the Paris massacre on the 13th and was told by a very polite young lady that she was sorry. TOO MANY times in this world today folks think that saying “ I’m Sorry “ fixes everything. I would have thought that a REPUTABLE travel agency would be more sensitive to such a tragic and unfortunate situation as we have here. I was born and raised right outside Philadelphia, which is where I think you are located and I’m not happy. I don’t know if anyone will read this but I feel strongly that you are wrong and selfish about this dangerous situation.

Thank you for your attention **********

This reviewer shared experience about "terrorism clause too narrow" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $2224. This person is overall dissatisfied with Gate1travel. The most disappointing about gate1travel cruise at Gate1travel was lack of consideration regarding terrorism Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Likewise, too many people think that claiming the other party to a contract has "no heart" warrants the terms of the contract not being enforced.If you are ex military and senior citizens, then you have enough knowledge and experience to know what you were signing when you bought the tickets.

If you failed to buy travel insurance that is your fault. You and your wife gladly accepted the risk that a problem would arise with the trip, by not buying insurance.

Oh Well.Suck it up and don't whine.

Gate1Travel

Please understand that our cancellation terms and policies are dictated strictly by pre-negotiated vendor agreements with the

airlines and other supplier. That said, we do understand that a supervisor has been in contact with you to assist

with a resolution.