Springfield, Virginia

Just got back from their 8 day tour of Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone. It was our third tour with Gate1 and we were expecting good things. We used Gate1 to book all of our airline reservations.

When we arrived in the destination airport of Rapid City, SD, there was nothing there to greet us at a strange ( to us) airport. Not a person. Not a desk. Not a sign. NADA! We finally dug through our travel documents and discovered that we had to call the hotel for a pick up. It took them over 90 minutes to show up :-(.

When it came time to leave we realized that good ol' Gate1 had booked us on an 800 mile Westward air flight from Salt Lake City to Las Angles before flying a red eye coast to coast to our home near Baltimore. We spent almost 10 hours in the air to get home.

Its obvious that Gate1 no longer cares much about its clientele. Their only concern is what's cheapest for them. We will no longer use Gate1 for our travel/trips. We encourage others to realize how much this company has deteriorated.

I liked: Our tour guide richard.

I didn't like: Travel and arrival.

2.7
Number of Destinations
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1216980

While we do our best to provide as much information as possible within our travel documents, we are sorry to hear if there was any misunderstanding in regards to the transfer.As for the flights, please know at the time the reservation is created our system offers all of the options available at that time along with the best possible pricing.

What was selected may have been the most cost effective option or it could have been, at the time, the most convenient flight.

Nevertheless, we do regret any inconvenience and can certainly look into other flight options for you in the future.