1.1K views
3.5
Number of Destinations

Update by user Mar 29, 2016

forgot to mention the trip coordinator that gave us a summary, criteria for the weeklong trip.Much of what she said was difficult to understand and much was left out, ie where to buy the bus tickets in Florence and exactly where the bus was.

Many thought we were getting a bus exclusively for us.

How to cross under the train tracks in Venice.If I go back with Gate1 I will be more educated on this.

Original review posted by user Mar 29, 2016

Over all I give them a 3.5 out of 5 stars. First the pros, no problem with the paperwork, documents that were sent. A few times there were updates to the flights but these were minimal and airline schedule and flight number changes. Planes were clean. Two of the destination hotels were a 3 star, the Florence hotel was a 4 star. For Europe that is good.

The walking tour guides were excellent.

My passport was stolen and I called Gat1 for help, they were very good with the info I needed to acquire a replacement.

The bad; the Venice hotel was next to the train station but not enough info given to us dumb travelers to get there easily. Young Italian men hawking their wares and "helping" with your luggage and then not leaving without a tip. I would rather had been on the Venice island not Venice Mestre(mainland). Arriving at Florence train station there was no direction where to go on a city bus. TERRIBLE! Always take a taxi and not the city bus. Horrendous experience on that. We all took a taxi back to the train station. After getting off the train in Rome we had to walk 4-5 blocks with bags. It looked like a walking train on the streets toward the hotel with bad sidewalks.

The Rome hotel was ok but way too far for anything. It was on the far east side, Vatican on the far west, ancient Rome on the middle and Jewish Ghetto/ Pantheon between them.

Overall, a good trip for the money. Gate1 NEEDS to have a person at the train stations helping/directing where to go. I, along with the other 20 others, would have spent a few extra dollars for that. Pick a hotel center Rome, take taxis from and to train stations, stay on the Venice island.

user54332961 wrote the review because of fair pricing at Gate1travel. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gate1travel to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gate1travel and gate1travel tour for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel

Although it seems that you may have purchased an independent package, which does not include the level of service that our escorted tours do, we do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Naturally, we will share your comments with the appropriate departments as we are always looking for ways to improve.