My husband and I returned from the Discovery trip "Gems of SE Asia" in January 2016.Fascinating countries, great sites and travel companions.

However, we were very disappointed with the tour group leader, e.g. leaving people behind in the airport; disengaged from group (not even participating in the Farewell Dinner); no problem solving skills, flexibility or back-up plan when things go awry; never even told us his full name or how to contact him via cell phone, hotel room, etc. even after we demanded this. The entire group felt this way.

We have detailed the problems on the Gate 1 Facebook page, and sent an email to customer service ---no response as of yet.We're still waiting.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of gate1travel tour. Gate1travel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gate1travel tour in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gate1travel.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate 1 comment is generic and disingenuous.When my wife complained regarding this same trip (she is not the person who posted this complaint), Gate 1 made no attempt to contact others who took the trip.

Gate 1 simply stated that the complaints would be reviewed by various departments (3, I believe).No mention that travelers would be contacted, when review would occur, or whether my wife would be informed of results (not holding our breath).

Gate1Travel

We certainly do regret any disappointment, however, we do understand that our customer service department has reached out to you in order to review any concerns further.

I entirely agree with this reviewer. I was also on this gate1 Disvovety tour and I commented on their FB page as well as on other travel review sites. Gate1 will not respond to these criticisms in any concrete or specific way other than to say ,"we are looking into it" Lame answer.