1.5K views
3.9
Number of Destinations

As a first time traveller with Gate 1, I feel compelled to write this review.I have been on many trips ( Europe , Asia, South America, Central America) with another agency but decided to go with Gate 1 this time .

I feel this was a mistake. Let me first go over the positives of the trip. The hotels were fine. They were clean and the food was great.

The hotels were positioned well for the activities of the area. What we saw in the short time we were there was great. I feel we experienced Iceland. However, there were problems.

Logistics was not readily observable. When we arrived at the airport we were told we had to wait for two guests who were late. this was after an all night flight with no food. Our guide was not at the airport but a "greeter" with a gate 1 sign who informed us of the wait..

After an hour plus sitting with no information and no other guests arriving the driver indicated we should go to van. i feel that NO ONE had a plan. We were taken to a hotel in Reykjavik. Told to get our luggage, sit in the lobby and wait.

No refreshments-- no coffee, tea. water!! We inquired at the desk about breakfast. We were told that it was not available to us.

About 9:15 am, after arriving 3 hours earlier, a bus pulls up with guests on it. Our tour guide can in, told us to get our luggage and board. No explanations. When then started our city tour.

At the Pearl, "breakfast" was provided. It was juice, coffee, tea,and a croissant with a piece of ham and cheese rolled into it. No considerations of dietary difference!!! Some just had the liquids.

We toured the Pearl with a very good guide. From there we completed our city tour. At the church with the pipe organ we went in, walked around and left. No information from our guide.

That was how the rest of the tour went. We finally went to Hotel Hella. Our guide passed around the welcoming and departure letter. I received none since I was traveling with a friend and we received only one copy!!!

Our guide was not personable. Her English was fair. She was abrupt. When we went to a site she walked somewhere by herself.

In the hotel we did not have her room number in case of emergency. A standard practice with the other tour group I have travelled with. The guide had little information to share We had to dig for answers to our questions. It was not a great learning experience.

She also did not try to coalesce the group.. No email list, etc. During the excursions she was lax about leaving on time, thereby creating a situation where people were often late. I must say our tour guide for the Northern Lights tour was great.

In retrospect, I should have called the office in Fort Washington and insisted on a new guide.Please respond.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Gate1travel. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gate1travel to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was read my review. Author liked the most tour destination. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gate1travel and gate1travel tour guide for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments