1.9K views
1.3
Number of Destinations

Will never travel with Gate 1 ever again, due to their customer service & relationship with travel insurance partner (Travelex/Transamerica). I will preface by stating that I have taken 6 tours with Gate 1 and referred 4-5 others to them. I am now committed to warning others.

I took a trip with them last year and my mom/travel companion suffered a major stroke during the flight in route. I was stuck in a foreign country for 3 weeks, while she was in a coma from that incident.

When I submitted my claim for travel insurance reimbursement, Gate 1 told the travel insurance that I should only receive $299.25 reimbursement on this trip, even though I had originally paid $2000 for the entire trip. I am still stunned. The cost of the trip insurance itself was $169, so basically, the insurance was a waste of money. It didn't protect me at all.

Also, when I was abroad and needed help postponing my return flight, Gate 1 customer service never responded to me. They hung me out to dry during the entire experience and I hope this message serves others as a warning that this is NOT the tour operator you want to travel with. If you have an emergency during your trip, you cannot rely on Gate 1 to step up with good customer service in your hour of need. Once they make their profit, they are done with you. In contract, my mom's travel insurance through TravelGuard actually reimbursed her the full amount--$2,000 plus all of her medical expenses. I know which company I will be buying travel insurance from next time.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of gate1travel tour and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2000. Gate1travel needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gate1travel tour in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gate1travel.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States #1203797

Shouldn't you be mad at the insurance company?

I know I had a cruise "covered" by Travelexinsurance..

A policy I bought from thier website, and fought for months...

And got nothing.My cruise was booked directly with the cruise line, I don't blame them because the Insurance didn't pay.

I have always been warned that buying travel insurance through the travel company protects the company not you. I always buy my insurance separately. Try insuremytrip.com for good competitive rates from many companies.

Gate1Travel

Please understand that the travel insurance company is operated independently from Gate 1. Should you feel that your claim was not fully answered, however, we would recommend that you follow up with the provider directly.