1.1K views

I had to cancel an upcoming trip with Gate 1 due to a life-changing event that will make it impossible for me to travel in August.I promptly informed Gate 1 about this but was told by a rude customer service rep that my deposit was non-refundable.

I have made 2 previous tours with Gate 1 but this experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth; for a reputable company, one would think that they will make some type of compromise with their customers especially if the trip is cancelled way in advance.

I am truly disappointed and doubt if I will do business with them in the future if this is not amicably resolved.Will definitely contact my state's general attorney's office if I have to.Scamming people out of their hard-earned money is no way for any company to do business.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Reno, Nevada, United States #839907

I don't know what your contract says but mine always give me different dates and percentages of cancellation charges. While you may think cancelling in mid-June for an August trip is well in advance, it's almost last minute as far as an airline is concerned. These are airline stipulations that they have with tour operators like Gate1 and everybody else.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States #839473

I looked on their website.They state deposits are non refundable.

They recommend buying trip insurance.The only scammer appears to be you.

Gate1Travel
Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania, United States #834388

As we were concerned, we have been in contact with this client. We do hope to have this matter resolved in a timely manner.