1.7K views
1.6
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I've been a long time customer of Gate 1 Travel for many years, I've gone on over 10 tours with them over the last 5 years.But there's something different about the company that has happened within the last year or so.

It seems to be more concentrated on profits and less on the enjoyment and personal safety of the customer. A prime example was my latest booking to Russia and the Baltics, the website indicated the price for the trip on my particular date was 3249.00. However, when my reservation was made over the telephone with a Gate 1 Travel CSR it ended up being 3449.00. After realizing the error, I tried to correct the problem directly with Gate 1.

The phone bank supervisor, Caroline, handled the call in a very unprofessional manner. Stating Gate 1 can charge any price it wants and if I authorized the charge on my credit card that they would leave me stranded on the road and take my deposit. Obviously not something you want to hear from a company that is responsible for you safety halfway across the world. My advice to anyone here, would be to research the destination tour fully.

Gate 1 often sub-contracts out the tours to local ( and sometimes dangerous) companies just to earn a pretty penny. Save yourself the inconvenience and dangers of traveling abroad and go with a more competent and customer friendly agency.

DO NOT BOOK WITH GATE 1 and feel free to contact me if you have questions as there is so much more that was bad and that the company failed to provide.Good Luck

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of a product or service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1400. Gate1travel needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gate1travel.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Lehighton, Pennsylvania, United States #1256592

COLD, CALCULATING SCAM ARTISTS.

DO NOT USE GATE 1 TRAVEL.

I reported them to the Better Business Bureau for unethical business practices.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1250953

Hello,

In regards to the pricing, please understand that costs can fluctuate for a variety of reasons.Furthermore, it seems that you were able to utilize a promotion that offered you significant savings.

That said, we certainly appreciate your continued business and regret if you experienced any lapse in service when contacting us with your concerns.