1.7
Additional Fees

I am feeling incredibly concerned about the trip I booked with Gate1.After booking a Groupon I called in to complete yhe reservation flying out of an alternate city.

Within 13 hours of speaking to them when I called back because I was told I needed my passport the price had risen 40% for my departure city. I was given the whole "travel prices change within minutes." Absolutely garbage. Then after finally booking the flight and the additional tours I wanted, I hung up and waited for an email with either a confirmation or an itinerary, it's been well over a week and said email has yet to arrive. I've spoken to three different reps and each one lies and tells me my email is incorrect in the system, yet somehow I've managed to get 3 different ads from them in the meantime.

After contacting someone through email I have yet to hear back and it's been over 48 hours. God help anyone who needs emergency assistance.

Thankfully my trip isn't until March, but this certainly does not inspire confidence.I'm planning on reaching out to them one more time, after that I will be pursuing the complaint process through both Groupon and my credit card provider because I'm beginning yo feel scammed by this atrocious customer service.

Review about: Gate1travel Tour Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1277350

Hello,

Unfortunately, airline prices do constantly fluctuate and are beyond Gate 1’s control as we do not own or operate the airlines.However, we regret if this was not explained more clearly as well as any lapse in service.

It is never our goal for a client to feel concerned about their booking.

It does seem that you have been in contact to address these issues.Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1275513

I was going to book this as well through Groupon but now I will do my own thing. Thanks