My husband & I & a friend went on the Classic China tour in March 2016.Beijing, Xian & Shanghai.

Flew out of LAX to Beijing in China Air with internal flights to Xian & Shanghai as well. Excellent value for the tour including airfare, hotels & most breakfasts & lunches & some dinners. Tour manager Lee was great-very friendly, organized & knowledgeable. Locals guides Candy & David were very good as well.

We have travelled a lot but usually not with tours although we have been on 2 OAT trips to Africa. For a highlights trip everything on the must do list was covered-Great Wall, Forbidden City & Tianamen Square, Terra Cotta Warriors, Shanghai city tour. The hotels were fine, not luxury like Ritz-Carlton but good business/tourist hotels like Holiday Inn Express or midrange Marriotts. Food was good-virtually all Chinese served Chinese style all at once on lazy-susans with breakfasts being buffet combos of east & west offerings.

Being able to do 3-4 dinners on our own was nice & were we able to eat at some fabulous places. The group was good-17 people total & everyone got along well.

I'm not a big shopper so I could have cut out times at the pearl, silk, pottery/wood venues by 1/2 but some liked it & the demonstrations were interesting plus it probably knocked a few $$ of the cost of the trip.Very good price & good itinerary & I would consider another Gate 1 tour.

This reviewer shared experience about fair pricing and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Gate1travel. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments