If you buy travelx insurance you are only covered for physical ailment.You can have a nervous breakdown and won't get your money back.

If you wish to be able to cancel "For any reason" you need to buy additional insurance from Gate1 on top of travelx. I have to cancel my companion's ticket. I called a supervisor to discuss the matter. I found out that they have a draconian cancellation policy.

Even though it's 2 months before the trip, they will refund about 10% of the cost. To make things worse, they now want to charge me an additional $360 because I'm not sharing my room!!! If that's not highway robbery, I don't know what is. This is just a warning for those who don't bother to read their cancellation policy.

This is my second trip with them. They managed to take all the fun out of it.

What was a $1600 trip to China, is now more than $3000.They have no shame.

Review about: Travelex Travel Insurance.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1279716

Hello,

Cancellation terms are applied based on the date that the written cancellation is received and the number of days prior to departure.Cancellation policies are dictated by the contractual agreement with our suppliers.

We include details about the insurance and cancellation for any reason waiver on our website.

Of course clients are always welcome to research alternative travel protection options.That said, we are sorry to hear that your companion is unable to travel but hope that you will sill enjoy your upcoming trip.