2.5K views

To Whom It May Concern:

We have just returned from our six day Paris tour. Anjanet and I have serious concerns about our vacation.

Our vacation began with a slight delay at the airport due to someone having left an unattended bag in the airport. We were not allowed passed the jetway into the airport for over 45 minutes. After we were finally allowed access to the airport and to retrieve our luggage, we went to the level 7 and waited for our driver. After having waited another 45 minutes, we went to the phone as instructed by our documentation delivered by Gate 1. I called the number and the gentleman told me to simply go and wait again at gate seven and the driver would arrive in a Volkswagen. This was the most description he had given me. We had absolutely no idea who or what we were looking for. After waiting another 20 or 30 minutes, I went over to some other people and asked if they were waiting for the same service since they were at the same gate. They were also unsure of who the driver was or what type of vehicle they should be looking for. Fortunately, they flagged us down when the driver approached them and told them who he was. They realized that we were looking for the same driver. Otherwise, we would've been left at the airport. The driver had no discernible markings or even a sign with our names on it. In short, he didn't arrive until sometime after 11 o'clock. Our plane arrived on time at 8:35 AM.

We were his last stop on the route and didn't arrive at our hotel until sometime after 12 o'clock. This left us very little time to clean up and recover from our flight and meet our first excursion at the Louvre, which was at 2:15. We arrived on time for our excursion at the location given to us on our documentation. Unfortunately, the information was incorrect. The travel agent explained that we needed to be at another location and that our instructions were incorrect. She attempted to make a phone call and get us on the tour, but it had already left. We missed the excursion due to erroneous information provided to us by Gate 1.

Our hotel, Mercure Tour de Eiffel, was an upgrade. We had no air conditioning throughout our entire stay. I went to the front desk and asked if there was something they could do about the air conditioning not working in our room. The gentleman explained that the air conditioning system of the hotel was a global system and was not working and had not been working for several weeks. Basically, the entire hotel was without air-conditioning. Our only choice was to open the window and deal with the road noise instead. The gentleman at the front desk told us the system was a very old system and that the hotel was planning to replace it in June or July.

Lastly, I tried several times to call the shuttle service for the pick up time the day before our departure as instructed. I tried several times. The phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. I then went to the front desk of the hotel and gave them our information. The gentleman at the desk brought up the website and verified the information on our Gate 1 documentation. He placed a call and the phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. No one would answer. He told us he would continue trying and see if he could get someone to answer the phone and let us know when we arrived back at the hotel after dinner. There was no information left for us upon our arrival back at the hotel. I had the front desk attempt again in the morning at around 7 o'clock. It was the same story. The phone just kept ringing. We ended up taking a cab which cost us €50.

Upon behalf of Anjanet and myself, I am formally requesting a refund for the shuttle that never came, the cost difference between the upgrade of the hotels and missed excursion to the Louvre. A credit towards any further Gate 1 travels is not acceptable. This isn't a matter of being dissatisfied. This is a matter of having paid for things that we did not receive.

Review about: Gate1travel Tour.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Seneca, South Carolina, United States #797004

wow, watch out for those groupon deals. i guess that's why they are selling there

to old *** Salem, South Carolina, United States #924391

Please tell me more. We are thinking of doing the Gate1 groupon deal.

Houston, Texas, United States #650614

As a follow up to this post, I would like to say that Gate 1 contacted us immediately after seeing it. I personally didn't expect much given my past experience with all inclusive or a la carte travel agencies, but was surprised. They took matters seriously and addressed them. While we did not receive compensation for the hotel, Gate 1 did refund the missed excursion and the full amount of travel to and from the airport. This was far more than I expected. We have taken a combined 3 trips with Gate 1 and 1 have one tentative trip purchased through them. If they continue to stand behind their product and address the matters expeditiously, we'll continue to use them.

As for the hotel, we were told the A/C by the front desk that the system was broken. The hotel explained to Gate 1 that the system is only turned on through certain months. I can believe this knowing what I know of Europe. I wish they would had posted this information on their web site. It would have made a difference in our decision.

We are satisfied with how Gate 1 handled the situation and will consider them for future vacations.

Gate1Travel
King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States #639399

Our Customer Service Department will contact our client immediately to review their concerns.