Please forward this complaint to the CEO or President of Gate 1 Travel, Yesterday, on January 31st, 2017, I called Gate 1 Travel to inquire about any tours departing on December 24th.I reached Harriett at Extension 1394.

She told me that she knew about one because she was actually considering doing it herself – it was the 15 Day Cambodia and Vietnam Tour departing December 24th and returning January 8th. She told me what the price was flying out of Los Angeles but she quickly added that it was actually cheaper for me to fly out of JFK (especially since I live in New Jersey) at a savings of $40.00 lower than flying out of LA. The price she quoted me was $2704.00 per person for the fully escorted tour including airfare, hotel, some meals, guided tours. I told her that I would discuss this with my husband today and would call back in the evening.

She asked me if I would do her a favor and book it with her so I agreed to call her back at the extension that she provided. When I called back later yesterday afternoon, her answering machine came on and I left her a message to call me back. Today, February 1st, I receive a call back from Harriett and she nonchalantly tells me that the price has gone up over $400.00 per person. I am stunned and ask her why and she tells me that the prices for airfare overnight have risen.

I cannot believe what I am hearing – this was never mentioned to me yesterday and had I not done what she instructed me to do – which was call back and book it with her only – I would have been able to book this tour yesterday with someone else at Gate1 at the rate of $2704 per person. I asked her why she didn’t tell me yesterday that the price could fluctuate and she had no answer except to state that she has no control over airfare prices. I was so upset and told her that I could have booked it yesterday with someone else. She then told me that she would check the airfare prices up until this Friday just in case it goes down again.

This was no consolation for me since I was devastated that we could not book this tour that my husband and I talked about in length just the day before. I then decided that I should speak with a supervisor and reached Becky at Gate 1. I explained the entire situation to her and she could not have cared less. She never even asked me for my name.

The only comment was that she would speak to Becky who is a great employee (her words) and that she agrees that Becky should have mentioned the chance of the tour price increasing from day to day. And the only other advice that she gave me was to check the airfares on my own to see if I can get a better price. I mention that I thought that it would be their job to do that and she said “we are a tour company – not a travel agency”. At this point, I ask who I can write to – possibly the CEO or President – of Gate 1 to let them know about my bad experience and she tells me that she cannot provide that information but that I can find it on the worldwide web.

From thinking that I am going on this wonderful vacation to now knowing that I am not is so upsetting – and for them not to care in the least is further deplorable.Audrey Hassan

Review about: Gate1travel 15 Day Cambodia And Vietnam Tour.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1282929

Hello,

We sincerely regret any disappointment caused by the air pricing or if you felt there was any lapse in service. Unfortunately, airline prices are beyond Gate 1's control and do constantly fluctuate. We do understand that a supervisor was able to address your concerns and assist you with making a reservation.