3.6
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

My husband and I recently came back from the Christmas Market tours. I loved our guide Neiri.

She was truly great, funny, sweet, and very knowledgable about all our stops. My only complaint is this....I have been laid up for the last three years due to an injury on my foot. So I had not done ANY walking of any distance. We were planning on taking my wheelchair, but found out less than a week from our trip, that the ONLY aid I was alowed to take was a cane.

The “just a short walk” term may be fine for others, but I cannot do it. Neiri was very caring, and would give us shorter directions, it was still difficult, because it had snowed and or rained, so we has to trek through slush or snow. Gate 1 does not make arrangements orseem to care about the needs of older people or people with handicaps.

We met some wonderful people from all over the world, and made some great friends, but we will not be going on any more Gate1 tours. Its too bad.

Review about: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not being accomodating to people with disabilities.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Our tour guide neiri.

I didn't like: That you did not let me bring my wheelchir.

Comments

All information about wheelchairs and aids is clearly spelled out on their website. If you were planning on taking one on a bus tour it would have been wise to check this out at time of booking.

Gate1Travel
#1419695

Hello,

We do regret for any disappointment caused. Unfortunately, escorted programs outside of the US are unable to accommodate wheelchairs and scooters.

Please keep in mind escorted tours are active and may require walking over uneven surfaces or navigating steep steps or slopes.

We do include this information on our website as well as within the passenger agreement sent at the time of booking. For your future travels, we would recommend letting our reservation agents know of any physical mobility issues and our staff can suggest services based upon your specific requirements.