Denver, Colorado
1.2K views 6 comments

As former clients of GateOne, we were interested in their river cruise, from Budapest to Prague, which was offered at a very good price.We immediately called them to book the deal, only to find out from 'Matt', that their computers were down.

After getting all our info, he said he'd call us back, when the problem was fixed. He never did, BUT, someone else did, with MUCH higher prices, for the same trip.

Unless they can adequately explain, we plan to use Trip Advisor, Facebook and other media to warn others of this obvious bait and switch scam at Gate1.Thank

Review about: Gate1Travel Tour.

Review #822016 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Gate1travel Tour
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bait and switch / $2400
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Thanks for sharing this information!

Obvious 'bait and switch' issue never addressed by Gate 1, as they claimed 'air fare increases, when they actually went down. Very disappointed.

Gate1Travel

First of all, we certainly regret that you did not receive the promised phone call. Please be assured that we will share these comments with our Reservation Management Team. In regard to the pricing, although there are many reasons that prices can fluctuate, it seems that in your case, it may have been the continuously changing airfare or the cabin categories available.

Steve
to Gate1Travel Denver, Colorado, United States #1139292

The airfare didn't change, but your price did (up $1200/person) and the A cabins weren't avaliable any more, just B and below.This is after speaking with Matt, and saying 'We'll TAKE IT', and he agreed, 'just as soon as the computers came back up'.

We called back that day, and first thing next day, but No Matt and whole new prices. As former Gate1 clients, we are VERY disappointed.

Will give you a while to make it right before we go Full Facebook/Trip Advisor complaining/***.

Thank you.Steve and Carol Olson, Broomfield, CO

to Steve #1171899

Thank you for posting this alleged or is it in fact a true SCAM from Gate1. I'm glad you posted this problem before we book our trip.

Not a chance

Same thing happened to me.

My friend booked a trip and told the agent I will be calling in minutes to book the same trip.

When I called, I got the voice mail of the same agent.I left all relevant information in my message and expected a return phone shortly.

I waited 3 hours with no return call.

I called again and another agent returned the second call.

Now the airfare add on has gone up by $300 in 3 hours. No way. I was not born yesterday.

I decide not to book. I smelled switch and bait as I sensed the agent felt that I had to book. No way. When I check the same trip later, the air add on was no where costing $300 more.

Switch and bait.I did not bit.