1.8K views

My wife and I just returned from Gate 1’s 5-day Northern Light Tour to Iceland.This was the first, and last, tour that we booked through Gate 1.

To say that is was a disappointment would be an understatement. The documents we received from Gate 1 prior to departure stated clearly that a welcome pack with vital information would be provided when we arrived at our hotel in Iceland. However, when we arrived at our hotel at 9:20 a.m., after traveling all night, there was no welcome packet or other information from Gate 1. Since we were scheduled to depart at 10:00 a.m.

that same morning on a tour of Reykjavik, I was hopeful that our guide would provide the packet. Unfortunately, 10:00 a.m. came and went and no guide. After speaking with the front desk clerk, I finally located our guide in the hotel lobby.

From the outset the guide, Guobjorg was rude and nasty. She refused to answer any questions about the Northern Lights and insulted any of the tourists who dared to ask. Our tour, that was supposed to start at 10:00 a.m., eventually departed at 10:35 a.m. which naturally was unwelcomed since all of the use were exhausted after traveling all night.

The tour of the city was a waste of time and money since it consisted mainly of a “Northern Light Museum” which in reality was a store front establishment with a few pictures of the Northern Lights and a shop where designed to sell junk to tourists. Once again we were late departing the “Museum” because our guide was busy shopping for a blouse. All of this on just the first day.

Unfortunately the next three days were not any better.Rather than bore the reader with all of the details, I would recommend using a company other than Gate 1 Travel for your tour needs.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Gate1travel. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gate1travel to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gate1travel and gate1travel tour for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Walnut Creek, California, United States #1179246

Dear sir, I have taken this tour in the past and I too had that guide we called her Guga.Yes she has a cold personality that is your her way.

People from other country have different ways. To our group she was helpful, caring, and very nice ( for Iceland). Gate 1 has always been a1a to us. I'm sorry you had a negative tour.

Don't give up on Gate1.

I had 7 out of 7 good trips.Good travels Susan

Gate1Travel

We do regret if any of the services provide by Gate 1 did not meet your expectations.

Naturally, we are concerned by your comments about your guide and have already alerted our management team so this can be reviewed directly with the guide and any necessary corrections can be made. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.