2.3
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

Please bring plenty of extra money as the gate 1 Moroccan trip cost well over a thousand dollars for tipping as they suggest 7.00 dollars a day for your guide 2.00 dollars per day for the helper and 3.00 a day for your bus driver so our small group paid over 2,700.00 in tips not counting every bathroom and every porter nor camel leader, they are all marvelous people but gate one needs to be a little more honest about a paid for guided tour as the folks on the tour are actually paying all cost unless 2700.00 for thirteen days is average wage in Morocco but it's 700.00 per month, so gate one is surely not paying also..

Stangeland47 wrote the review because of not as described at Gate1travel and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Gate1travel to "make others aware of all hidden cost as tipping is out of control on morocco gate 1 trip".

The most disappointing in user's experience was putting 3 people in a postage size room my brother and sister and i crammed like sardines in a rom. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gate1travel and gate1travel tour for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Medford, Oregon, United States #1272758

That's is a bizarrely huge amount of tips!You include the entire amount for your group but don't say how large your group was.

We just did a two week tour to India and used their recommended amounts, plus added on extra for the guide and bus driver and helper and still gave them a total of under $400 for two people. Well worth every penny. They worked very hard to keep us safe (driving) and comfortable. (Cheaper than tipping on a cruise!) Our guide told us not to tip hotel porters or other people who helped us because Gate 1 gave them tips.

We still gave a few rupees.

They work very hard to make us comfortable and they never asked for anything.Some people on our tour didn't like being nickle and dimed for camera fees at monuments but personally I don't care about a few cents here and there.

Nanterre, Ile-De-France, France #1242841

Tips is salary for seasonal workers ( tourism season is mai to september only) - ensuring guests are getting experts , devoted , happy, experienced , trustable people to be looked after.

Tipping policy is clearly mentionned on the web site and this section could indeed be easier to find from the web site-

Could it be possible to include the tips and pre- paid them?

Des Plaines, Illinois, United States #1240753

The tips are on every tour, everywhere. Typical tip for a day is around $10-12 no matter what agency. Be glad you weren't on a cruise because you would spend $25-30 daily on tips.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1238933

In regards to the tipping, we do regret any unhappiness. As indicated in the package, gratuities are not included although we offer suggestions, based on industry standards, in your travel documents we do stress that tipping is always a matter of personal choice. With that said, we will certainly review and share your concerns with the appropriate departments