1.3K views

Don't trust Gate 1! Knowing where we sit is important to us.

Can't handle a middle seat - so I always request an isle seat before booking my trip. Gate 1 booked American Airlines/Iberia to Spain, assured us they would handle the seats but unfortunately did not get seat assignments - a detail they refused to tell us until after we paid for the trip in full. Airline tells us it was how Gate 1 booked the flights that makes it impossible to get a seat until we get to the airport. When we called Gate 1 and asked if they could do anything at all they were just plain rude telling us that we don't get seat assignments on the bus either.

It has been upsetting to say the least - now that our money has been paid they don't want to know us.

RUDE - DISCOURTEOUS - DISHONEST. Don't make the same mistake - book with another tour company.

Review about: Gate1travel Tour Booking.

Comments

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #971924

Thank you for the information. My husband and I had planned on booking a vacation through Gate 1, upon reading all of the negative comments on there customer service and lies to there consumers, we have chosen against using this company for our booking needs.

My wife and I have taken 2 tours with Gate1 and they have been to our total satisfaction. In Italy our hotels were first class and well situated in the touring districts.

In the Netherlands we had excellent accommodations; same with Belgium, Paris and London. Our tour guides went overboard to take care of all our travelmates and the bus drivers were excellent.

Regarding airline seating I have had no problem picking my preferred seats by contacting the airlines directly once my flight plans have been established. Gate1 will be my tour company next spring when I go to China.

I disagree with the email above mentioning that gate1 was not helpful in getting seats before your journey began. Go to the airport early to change your seat!!!

We just retuned from China with gate1 and they could not do enough for you. Our tour manager was extremely helpful. My husband is 6'6" and our tour mgr stood in the ticket line and spoke in her native mandarin . And got us isle seats.

As for the bus grow up buddy !!!

This is not school give everyone a chance in the front seats ! Big problems you have!

to Cindy Lincoln Seattle, Washington, United States #770453

In reading these reviews, I am amazed at how many people who respond are just plain rude and/or dumb! The reviewer (whom I do not know) was NOT saying they wanted assigned bus seats.

If you had a clue at all, you would see they were illustrating the rudeness of the tour guide who said that to them.

I think I have concluded that I am definitely not using Gate 1, especially since the people who rate them highly can't even seem to read!

Btw: does anyone here wonder why all the "no's" for helpfulness of the reviews seem to FAR outweigh the "yes" votes? Who is going through pushing all those "no's" I wonder?

We certainly are concerned over the issue that our client mentions. Our customer service staff is more then willing to review any concerns our clients have. If at anytime they would like to review this issue we would be more then pleased to do so.