Booked a deal with hotel, bf and air to Prague for 4 persons.With the best intentions my credit card was given and charged for the full amount.

I happened to call Gate 1 travel to ask them a question about the hotel and was told by the rep that there was a computer glitch and that the deal was only for the airfare and did not include the hotel. I asked him why in my reservation it showed the hotel name, NH Prague for 2 rooms for 4 persons and the airline tickets, etc. Again he said it was a computer glitch. I asked him to please honor this and he put be through to his supervisor.

The supervisor named Easton Moore was also adamant to honor this computer glitch that came from their side and wanted me to pay way more than the glitch gave me. Told him that if United Airlines (or other big airline companies), a much bigger and important company honored their computer glitch when they offered a flight from USA to Europe for $9 RT they should too. Again, he said he could not do it. Very sad for a company that sells trips to foreign countries to a lot of people; makes me think if they will be there for me if I'm stranded somewhere or if anything happens with the trip that I bought from them...would they honor and take care of me, their customer?

Seems they will not.Very sad.

Review about: Gate1travel 7 Day Prague Value Vacation Package.

Preferred solution: Honor my reservation.

I didn't like: Did not honor the deal they gave me.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1352952

Hello,

We regret if you felt there was a lapse in service when contacting us with your concerns and trying to resolve your issue.Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, however as a tour operator we are unable to make a flight only reservation and the hotel you were interested in was not available for those dates.

Nevertheless, we will certainly review how this is handled in the future.Naturally, if were still able to be of assistance, please dont hesitate to contact us.

to Gate1Travel #1365719

What kind of boilerplate response is this?You seem to always have the same response whenever I read a customer complaint.

The customer is asking for your assistance, and you claim to want to assist but it's obvious you have no intentions of doing so.I won't book with a company like this.