Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

What a nightmare!This company must be run out of someone's basement.

Emails, which are promised a response in 24 hours, are never replied to. If you call the customer service line, you are on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes before anyone answers. The person who did sounded like she had just woken up...s-l-o-w....Then to make any changes at all the fees are very high, none of which are posted on their site.

Finally, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told no, that I had to write an email to the address that apparently no one monitors.Do yourself a huge favour and book direct with the airline -- same prices and actual customer service.

Review about: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I will gladly pay the $75 per ticket owing air transat. I will not pay $65 per ticket to Gate1, first because absolutely no written notice was provided when booking as to this fee, and because they have not provided any customer service..

I didn't like: Unhelpful, Useless customer service, Did not provide fee information before booking.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

jcondino
San Diego, California, United States #1323394

I've also experienced several times where no one ever replied to our e-mails, I always called after growing impatient waiting. Nothing good to say about the many negative experiences trying to get to Italy and then finally cancelling, thank goodness we bought our own travel insurance and got reimbursed 100% (TIP: compare the insurance they offer with TravelEx directly, you will see what I mean). Best wishes if you are dealing with this company, since we were left to fend for ourselves.

Leesburg, Florida, United States #1322536

That's odd.i have a trip scheduled with them and any question I have emailed to them has been answered within a few hours.

After I had a few questions, I got a call from them that was extremely friendly and helpful.I'm super excited to travel with them in 2018.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1314205

Hello,

We sincerely apologize for not responding to you in a timely manner and if you experienced any lapse in service when contacting us with your concerns.Please know that we do ask for feedback in writing to forward to the appropriate departments or suppliers as necessary.

We are sorry about any inconvenience you experienced and we will review how this is handled in the future.Naturally, if we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Englewood, Florida, United States #1314015

Just booked my second trip with Gate 1.Have had a totally different experience than this travel.

Peru trip was wonderful. No glitches at all. They made arrangements to fly one of our tourmates back to Lima due to altitude sickness, everything was great.

I just called Customer Service about our second trip we booked.

Not on hold at all, very accommodating.

Sorry the above customer did not share my experience.