Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

THE TRAVEL AGENCY MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!

MY BOYFRIEND SURPRISED ME WITH A TRIP TO ITALY FOR CHRISTMAS. UNFORTUNATELY 6 DAYS PRIOR TO THE TRIP TAKING PLACE HIS FATHER DIED OF A HEART ATTACK IN FRONT OF HIM. HE DID NOT HAVE THE STRENGTH NOR MENTAL CAPACITY TO GO ON THE TRIP. WHEN I CALLED THE AGENCY UP THEY SAID TO ME AND I QUOTE " IM SORRY WE ARE SO COLD BUT WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING" YOUR SORRY YOU ARE SO COLD?!?!?!?

THATS THE ANSWER YOU GAVE ME??? NOT EVEN HAVE THE COMMON DECENCY TO REACH OUT TO THE AIRLINE AND GET SOME TYPE OF CREDIT? NOTHING!! NOT EVEN WITH THE DEATH CERTIFICATE THAT WE PRESENTED TO THEM AS PROOF OF HIS PASSING!!

I HAVE WORKED IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I NOT TRIED TO NOT HELP ASSIST OR COME TO SOME TYPE OF COMPRIMISE WITH MY CUSTOMERS.YOU PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTING AND COLD HEARTED!

Review about: Gate1travel Customer Care.

Reason of review: DEATH IN FAMILY .

Preferred solution: CREDIT FROM THE AIRLINE .

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Haymarket, Virginia, United States #1284702

This is a horrible situation.I also worked in.

Customer service until I retired and am shocked by the response.

I am wondering if he purchased trip insurance. I have a friend that was in the same situation as you. She lost all her money because she did not insure her trip.

It does state in your travel documents what the refund criteria is.

Again so sorry for your loss, but without travel insurance you have no recourse.You would have been eligible for refund in the event of a family death.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1283822

Hello,

We're very sorry for your loss and extend our condolences. Please understand that all cancellations are subject to penalties which are dictated by the agreements with our suppliers. That said, in light of the situation we did reach out to suppliers and it appears we followed up with your fiancé last week.