You call this customer service? Just finished a "Rhine River cruise" with Gate1. This company can probably operate quite efficiently if nothing goes wrong with the set itinerary. Unfortunately, this was not the case as the boat never sailed for one minute due to high waters on the river. What we ended up with was a bus tour of the Rhine. Okay, so stuff happens over which you have no control (the weather). What galls me is Gate1's attitude which boiled down to you took a chance on our cruise, it didn't turn out right, so tough luck (and by the way, customer) read the small print in your contract).

Upon returning from the trip I contacted Gate1 to inquire about compensation for customers who booked a river cruise and received a bus tour instead. What I got was an email whining about how much of an inconvience and expense this was for Gate1 and how I should be thankful that the alternative arrangements came at no extra charge to me. I was flabbergasted by this callous response.

Come on Gate1, you can do better than that. Needless to say, I can't recommend this company to anyone.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Gate1travel. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2000 and wants Gate1travel to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gate1travel and gate1travel tour for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Is Gate1 kidding?They certainly know that a bus tour is not the same as a river cruise.

If they truly think it is comparable, why don't they advertise a "bus tour" of the Rhine and see how much they can charge and how many want to go - a lot less I would think.

For Gate 1 to say a bus trip is comparable to a river cruise is like saying going to a great restaurant and being told that eating in the parking lot on a plastic table with plastic forks lot is the same; or that taking the bus is the equivalent to flying; or that watching a high school play is comparable to going to the Metropolitan Opera. While this is an "alternative service," it is not comparable.

The company should have borne the cost of high the water problems.At the very least, they should have given people a credit for the money they spent on a "river cruise" to be used at a later date.

Gate1Travel

It was the case that we were unable to sail due to the high water, however we did our very best to provide you with alternate services

that were comparable to your original itinerary. With that said, we do apologize for any unhappiness with our response.

to Gate 1 Woodstock, Georgia, United States #994959

How did Viking, Avalon and Uniworld handle the high river situation?