Cedarhurst, New York
5.0
Number of Destinations

Our Gate 1 trip to Italy exceeded our expectations. My husband and I and our 2 sons (mid 20's) traveled with my sister and her husband and 4 sons (ages 22, 20 (twins), 12) to Venice, Florence and Rome. The itinerary was perfectly laid out and impeccably organized where everything was taken care of for us including luggage, ferry tickets, Vatican entry and museum passes to each and every venue; we never had to wait on endless lines. Luckily, we were matched with a group of fun-loving friendly people, and our guide Micaela was knowledgeable, accommodating, caring and flexible. Every hotel was perfectly selected in central locations, while the Gate 1 Deluxe Motorcoach and driver were top notch! Especially memorable was the stop over and dinner in Tuscany, where we all got in touch with our wine-minded selves! So delicious and such fun!

Specialty guides in each city were outstanding in sharing their infinitely incredible knowledge and insight in their particular areas of expertise. I would like to make special mention of the amazing Suzanne who guided us through Rome: the Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, Forum, and Colosseum.

What a trip! What a pleasure!

We highly recommend Gate 1 Travel to everyone without reservation. These people have been in the travel business for decades and they absolutely know what they are doing!!!

The one problem we encountered was checking in at the first hotel (Grand Principe) in Venice, since we arrived at 9:00 am. The front desk and dining room staff were less than friendly and insensitive to the fact that we had traveled overnight for many hours. We walked around and by 2 pm were finally assigned to 3 of our 5 rooms.

We have traveled all over the world and strongly feel that this glitch should be rectified, because it can ruin an otherwise pleasant experience (especially for non-seasoned travelers).

Reviewer is in happy mood. This person is quite happy with top notch hotels bus and guides. Please contact the author of this review to discuss good quality of gate1travel tour. Gate1travel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gate1travel tour in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gate1travel.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Palm Coast, Florida, United States #1235506

Too funny!I was looking for reviews of Spain trips (thinking of going 4/2017) when I read this review.

We were on the same tour! We were the family of 4 from Winter Park, FL traveling with my sister from Chicago. Micheala and the local guides were wonderful. I do agree that the Venice Grand Principe was ok, not great.

Our room was very hot in December, but it was a beautiful building. Overall, I wish the hotels had been closer to the sights, since we managed to get lost in Venice and Florence on our spare time!! I guess that is part of the Italian experience, but it would have been easier to ask for directions if we had closer better known landmarks to refer to. I wanted to give some suggestions after the trip, but the review surveys did not allow much commentary.

Still, we lucked out with tour guides and other travelers, which makes a big difference.