1.8
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

2 reviews

1.0 star rating 10/14/2016

I've been a long time customer of Gate 1 Travel for many years, I've gone on over 10 tours with them over the last 5 years. But there's something different about the company that has happened within the last year or so.

It seems to be more concentrated on profits and less on the enjoyment and personal safety of the customer. A prime example was my latest booking to Russia and the Baltics, the website indicated the price for the trip on my particular date was 3249.00. However, when my reservation was made over the telephone with a Gate 1 Travel CSR it ended up being 3449.00.

After realizing the error, I tried to correct the problem directly with Gate 1. The phone bank supervisor, Caroline, handled the call in a very unprofessional manner. Stating Gate 1 can charge any price it wants and if I authorized the charge on my credit card that they would leave me stranded on the road and take my deposit.

Obviously not something you want to hear from a company that is responsible for you safety halfway across the world. My advice to anyone here, would be to research the destination tour fully. Gate 1 often sub-contracts out the tours to local ( and sometimes dangerous) companies just to earn a pretty penny. Save yourself the inconvenience and dangers of traveling abroad and go with a more competent and customer friendly agency.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a partial refund as the author lost $5000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Gate1travel. The most disappointing about gate1travel tour booking at Gate1travel was customer service, misleading sales and threatening , but reviewer liked website. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1249287

There seems to be a trend with this company, false pricing and unprofessional treatment from there customer service representatives.

Make sure you read their sub-par BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU reviews as well as all the NEGATIVE reviews on forums such as these before making your travel decisions.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1231886

We certainly appreciate your continued business and regret if you experienced any lapse in service when contacting us with your concerns.In regards to the pricing, please understand that costs can fluctuate for a variety of reasons.

Furthermore, it seems that you were able to utilize a promotion that offered you significant savings.