Please find below reference to the tour and customer itinerary that I am discussing below.I had a great time at the Galapagos.

However, I wanted to bring to your attention a fact that I found to be deceptive by Gate 1 Travel. You tried to book the Horizon deck for us and Gate 1 told you they were "sold out". We were therefore forced to book the more expensive Expedition deck. After boarding the ship, we found out that that there were only 55- 60 people in all at the most, and several cabins in the Horizon deck were empty.

Furthermore a friend of mine who had made last minute arrangements through a different company was able to get the Horizon deck for the same price (even though it was very last minute. There were only 6 Gate 1 customers (3 cabins) on the cruise and only one couple was able to get the Horizon deck, even though all three of us had requested it initially. Even if there was a quota for Gate 1, I'm sure it was more than one, so it looks like Gate 1 deliberately over sold us (forced us to buy the more expensive cabins). I find this objectionable.

I do not know if tour companies do this regularly, but I suggest, you contact or even forward this email to them. I am very hesitant to book through Gate 1 because of this experience. Please share your thoughts on this and Gate 1's response to you.

Thank you.Chella Periyanayagam

Review about: Gate1travel Tour Booking.

Reason of review: Clients feel they had to book a more expensive cabin, when one was available..

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Roscoe2017

That could have been true, as blocks are sold to agencies not all rooms would be available to them, only the block that was sold to them. They same is true of airline tickets. So all the rooms allotted to Gate 1 may have been sold out.

Roscoe2017
to Roscoe2017 #1268024

If they did not sell all the rooms in the block they would lose money...