We booked our unescorted trip to Bangkok several months ago.We just received an email that our return flight had been rescheduled to 5:00 AM, with a several hour layover in the next leg of our journey.

We called Gate1, and rescheduled our flight to a more convenient time with a $20 increase in price. We were not given seat assignments. When we called the airline to reserve our seats, we were told that we could not do this because we were on a special promotional fare. Back to Gate1, who had to move us from a promotional fare to a different fare level which cost us $385 + $20 increase in our travel insurance.

The only way to get assigned seats on our flights was to pay this increase. According to Gate1, there is no recourse, even though we were never told that this was a possibility. We were not advised of the increase in price prior to canceling our original flight. Unhappy, yes?

We have traveled previously with Gate1 and had a great time on each trip.

Will we use Gate1 again?NO

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of gate1travel tour booking. Gate1travel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned gate1travel tour booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Gate1travel.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1242606

I'm having issues with the flight as well.My husband is Greek and we were planning on using them to go to Greece next year but now that I know they can switch your flight schedule as they please.

I mean I saw the change and just thought "oh I can change it back to the original reservation if the space opens up since it wasn't me that made the change" but NO and if you want it back you have to pay $300.00....I''m going to use United Airlines travel, a bit more expensive but at least you have not surprises or changes to your flight.

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1210320

We certainly do regret any inconvenience caused by the airline schedule change.Please understand as Gate 1 Travel does not own or operate the airlines, schedules changes and fees, such as those imposed for seats, are beyond our control.

Regrettably some airlines and/or fare types do not allow for pre-seating.

Of course should you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact us via our online forms.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1209145

Sounds to me like the airline.If you are truly travelers, you would know that.

If having specific seats is that important...

Then yes, you pay...That was your choice, no one made you do that.