2.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I booked a trip to India and then the price went down. I contacted GATE1 Travel and they were nice to give me a credit of $600 torward my next trip.

I went to book my next trip and I spoke to someone (Beth) at GATE1 Travel and they told me I could use the $600 credit toward my trip to Iceland. I even asked if she was positive about the credit and she said yes.

The next day they called me back and told me I can not use the credit toward a non-escorted trip. I spoke to a manager at Gate1 Travel and he told me to bad. They made a mistake and you can cancel the trip to if your want to. I decided to cancel the trip because they do not deserve any more of my money. If I make a mistake in my job I have to pay to make it correct so should they. The supervisor cancelled the trip and hung up the phone on me. Very rude.

GATE1 Travel has horrible customer service. I hope my Trip to India is okay now I do not know if I can trust them. All this after I referred a friend to them. Never again.

I then went on line and booked the almost identical trip to Iceland for less using Expedia. Who was very good and helpfull.

Review about: Gate1travel Tour Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Large selection of vacations.

I didn't like: Will be the last.

Comments

Gate1Travel

Hello, We do regret any lapse in service when you contacted us regarding the credit. Upon review of the information sent to you regarding your credit, it does state, "you are eligible to receive a $300 per person price reduction on your next escorted tour or river cruise with Gate 1 Travel." Unfortunately, as the Iceland trip was Independent, the credit was not applicable. We do apologize for any misunderstanding.