Peridot, Arizona
1K views

This was our 5th Gate1 trip and first Discovery tour and probably will be the last Discovery.The first 4 trips were fabulous with absolutely top notch guides who made the trip.

They were much larger but the groups were managed with ease. The cost of the 9 day regular northern France tour was about $2,800 and our Discovery tour was $4,300. We did have more meals, no added excursion costs and wine with meals. I am just not sure that would equate to $1,500 per person extra!

This France trip only had 12 people and the accommodations, meals, bus driver and itinerary were fabulous.

What I thought was lacking was more information by our guide, who was a lovely person and had many fine attributes, but I felt the information that was imparted to us was not the greatest by any means. I truly expected great things on a Discovery tour, since the others had been so wonderful. We got basic information about Normandy DDay and were sent into many castles and churches with just a preliminary overview. We even saw the Gate 1 guide from the regular northern France tour, on two occasions, using the Whispers to narrate what they were seeing.

We were just turned loose.

I guess my expectations were very great because of the past trips and the excellence of the information we received.Also, We had been told on a previous trip about the stringent route that the guides take to get to their position.

This reviewer shared experience about "lesser quality and much higher cost" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $2000. pjm10s2016 is overall dissatisfied with Gate1travel. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Gate1travel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel Agencies category for more informed decision or compare Gate1travel to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1225482

We certainly do regret any disappointment with your tour or guide.Please know that we do take your comments and suggestions seriously and will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments for their review .

As we are always looking for ways to improve we value our client’s first hand feedback.