Haven't even gone on the trip yet and already some bait and switch concerns.The trip is advertised as "11 day tour" but they count the travel days on both ends as part of tour!

Very disingenuous. Then they advertise the price - land only is $1899 but there's only one trip at that price. Trip I booked was listed at $1999 but has now gone to over $2200 even after $200 deposit. I just returned from 6 week tour thru Spain, Portugal, France, Switzerland and Italy partly using 2 tours with less cost and almost 2x the amount of time.

They also use American hotels rather than local accommodations which any monkey could plan their own trip using Hilton (boring).I leave in over 6 months and only booked with this company since my friend I'm going with wanted to use them, but I do not have great hopes of this going well....

Review about: Gate 1 11 Day Southern Italy.

I liked: Only using them cuz my friend wants to.

I didn't like: See above comments.

1.8
Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss disingenuous advertising, incorrect pricing / $1
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Gate1travel?

Comments

Gate1Travel
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, United States #1292335

Hello,

We sincerely regret any disappointment.Please know that our travel prices fluctuate for a variety of reasons.

Additionally, as indicated on our website we list pricing for our packages as starting “from” the lowest price.

We do include a great deal of information on our website including both hotel details as well as the itinerary which reflects that travel time is included.We do so to ensure our clients have the most complete information

prior to making their final travel plans.